Reflective Testimony

There are certain moments in time which have shaped who am I in Christ and developed my core beliefs which drive my actions.  I’ve been so blessed with parents and a sister who show so much grace and love My journey is still ongoing and I can’t wait to see what happens next.  The journey is about moments which helped to define my belief systems.


At around 16 or 17 standing under a Krystal sign in Chattanooga, Tn. I felt God in a new and refreshing way.  At that moment, I knew my life changed. It was no longer enough to just be a bystander! God was calling me to serve and that began a race which would take me in many different directions to help mold me into who am I today.  I spent many years running from the calling out of fear, now I long to run towards the calling out of love.


In Chattanooga, I also met my wife Kathy who came into my life at a critical time  She knew of my past and didn’t judge but chose to show Jesus’s love by loving me for who I am. We now have 3 amazing children who push me to be a better person every day.  


Another critical moment came when asked to do a bible study at fellow church member’s house.  The Holy Spirit led me to John 22 which is the story of Jesus’s restoration of Peter with three thought-provoking questions. As I studied, the Holy Spirit began to challenge me by asking the sa
me questions with my name. Rob, do you love me? I can still hear Spirit asking me those questions to this day. I have felt a calling on my wife since I was 13.  In the summer of 2000, God began to push me to the nations to proclaim his glory and shift my dreams to his vision.

Since to 2000 God has called to unreached places which have little to no access to the gospel. From India, Peru, Africa, and Nepal, God is revealing his himself. I don’t know what to tomorrow holds, yet I know there is no place safer than the center of his well.


Psalm 96: 10-13

Say among the nations, “The Lord reigns!
   Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved;
   he will judge the peoples with equity.”
11 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice;
   let the sea roar, and all that fills it;
12     let the field exult, and everything in it!
Then shall all the trees of the forest sing for joy
13     before the Lord, for he comes,
   for he comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness,







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adoption T-Shirts are now available

Expecting

Yesterday