Napkin reflections...

So, here I sit with a mind racing to understand the complexity of life and the gravity of my decisions.  I am a sinner in desperate need of a loving savior.  I like many who will read this have grown up in church. The words aren't new, but somehow they feel different these days.  Have we missed truth while seeking truth? In our passion for the lost, have we missed the most important component of salvation which is repentance?  If there is no sign of fruit...there is no repentance...if there is no repentance....there is no salvation.  We simply can't have the relationship we long for with Christ without a heart of repentance.  

Luke 13:3  No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

Luke 15:7 Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Acts 2:38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”

Acts 3:19 Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out

Acts 17:30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent

I love the church and everything which it represents.  No question, God has used so many people to teach me the what gospel looks like through their lives.  Yet, the more I look around the more I question the status of the American church.  If we truly believe the words written in red are from God, shouldn't they dramatically affect how we live? I long for God to use me, yet I don't have a repenters heart.  Many desire is to serve God on my terms.  I want to confess some sins and hide others. 

I want my life to matter, I want to be used by God.  However, the more I study God's perfect love letter, and learn about his overwhelming sovereignty.  The more I realize the significance of my heart and mind toward his amazing love for his children. There's not a human word which can accurately convey the humbleness we should show before him. It's impossible to grasp how a Holy and perfect God would want anything to do with a sinner like me.  Yet the word teaches he knows me and loves me.  In fact, Psalm 139 states "his eyes saw unformed body and all my days are ordained for me were written in his book before one of them came to be."  How crazy is that?   

Daddy loves all of you! I pray God uses you for his glory among the nations.  


* God encounter Copper River Grill Greenville, SC on 9/24/15. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adoption T-Shirts are now available

Expecting

Yesterday