Looking out the window...

It's been a long time since I have written or posted anything.   The craziness of life gets in the way of good intentionsMy heart is full of pride for my incredible family.  This has been a year of transition for the Compton clan and more is yet to come.  Jessica is preparing to graduate and move away.    Shannon is freshman at Auburn and busy with social and academic life.  Emmanuel wakes smiling and ready go every single day.  Kathy and I very proud of our children and their passion to follow Christ while impacting the lives of others.
 
This morning, my heart was filled with joy and sadness as I watched Jessica paint outside the window.  This is the first time I have written like this in a along time, but writing has always been the best way to express my feelings.
 
 
 
Looking out the window
 
Looking out the window seeing my little girl painting something new.  Immediately my eyes fill with tears.  She looks back and smiles as if she can see right through me. Remembering all the joys and laughter of this little girl. 
 
My eyes fill with tears.  I have to grow up now Daddy, it's time I fly!  With all that is in me I want to stop time and never let her go.  
 
Take me back to a little bat girl on a tire swing, a little girl waddling through the house singing Barney. Take me back to a little blonde squirrel girl walking up a Kentucky lane one last time.  Take me back to two little girls laughing as they hear fee fi foo fom  only to hear do it again Daddy, do it again Daddy.  
 
Looking out the window I see my girl little paining and my eyes fill with tears. The time has come to begin to let my baby fly.   
 
Oh Lord, you above of all know the pain in my heart.  Please watch over our little girl with the heart of a Daddy.  She was yours before mine, and you allowed me to be a part of her life.  Holy Spirit tuck her in with your presence, squeeze her tight and never let her go! 
 
Looking out the window I see the future and my eyes fill with tears. The time has come...just one more hug, just one kiss, just one more I love you Daddy before you go.
 
Looking out the window my eyes fill with tears...
 
Rob Compton
1/11/15
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adoption T-Shirts are now available

Expecting

Yesterday