Life lessons...

 
Some of the greatest lessons learned are from your children.  I remember hearing "it goes by so fast" as a young man, now I am convinced it goes by way too fast.  I wish I could stop it and bury every memory deep inside my heart.  However, I am also grateful for the opportunity to create memories along the way.  Recently, I had the opportunity to have dinner with my youngest daughter at college.  She always makes me laugh through her expressions and words.  I truly value my unique relationship with each of my children.
 
Throughout our conversation, I was reminded she is looking to her Daddy for guidance and direction.  She has many important decisions to make in the next few years. I pray my council is right in the eyes of God.  One thing I love about Shannon is how she challenges me biblically.  She loves to ask deep questions which make me think, and pushes to know Gods word.
 
 

 
 
 
As I was driving back to home to Birmingham, I began to reflect on the significance of what Jesus asked of his children.  Two simple words with a lifetime of meaning..."follow me".  It's a phrase I have heard my whole life, but suddenly the image became clearer in my mind.   
 
Jesus is not asking his children to simply follow him from a distance.  He is imploring those he loves to follow right behind him as we walk through life.  We were never meant for his children to walk through life alone.  He created us with love and a purpose.  He knows the plans he has for us.  He promised he would never leave or forsake us.  In fact, he tells us trust in him and not our own understanding so he can direct our paths.
 
 
 
Shannon, thanks for pushing to be a better brother in Christ and a Father!  I love you forever!
 
 
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adoption T-Shirts are now available

Expecting

Happy Birthday Emmanuel - A father's letter