New Purpose



The purpose of Touchone is changing. The ability to write out ones words, provides a unique way to express ones emotions. Over the last two years, the blog was a means to update family and friends of our adoption journey. Now, the blog will serve as an open challenging love letter to my children who inspire me to be a man after God's own heart.

Each of you know I fall short. In fact, I am a sinner who is in desperate need of a loving savior. I constantly need a Savior full of grace a mercy. I want to be a stronger man and example. The desire is not to justify sin, but flee from the temptation which leads to sin. Just like Christ, my children have shown inspiring grace and mercy to me. I am forever grateful.

Today is April 15, 2013. I'm reading a book called gods at War by Kyle Idleman, which focuses on the battle with Idols. I enjoy reading books which challenge my core beliefs. The ones that step on your toes and make us think.

First, books should never take the place of your Bible study. There is something remarkable about opening God's word with the purpose of listening to the creator of all things. Personally, I believe the Bible is the perfect breathing word. A word spoken to men to inspire to us to live differently. In such a way, we impact the world.

The biggest challenge I have with this book is the Biblical truth which confronts me. Questions like: what am I placing ahead Of Jesus in my life? Who are we truly worshiping?

Worship is supernaturally woven into your DNA. Worshiping nothing is not an option.

• What consumes my thoughts?
• Whom do I look to in times of distress?
• Who do I think can solve my issues and worries?
• Who or what do I think will provide my ultimate happiness?
• People are choosing their gods and brining their offerings and most of the time its not   the God who can provide.
• At the end of the day the real offering is ourselves.

"The most important daily habit we can possess is to remind ourselves daily of the gospel" Spurgeon

I love you and am praying for and your future spouses.

Daddy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adoption T-Shirts are now available

Expecting

Please continue to pray for our partners in Nepal!