Let's go get Ema!


I am not exactly sure what to write at this moment. I am overwhelmed by so many things.  There is still so much to do, but tomorrow at 4:00 PM, we board a plane bound for Africa. The primary goal is, to bring Emmanuel James Compton home forever. On Friday, we will host a going-away party at his orphanage. On Saturday, we will visit another orphanage and deliver supplies, followed by family time at the beach. Our Sunday will be spent at the local market. Monday we will begin our journey home through Amsterdam.   We will stop in Memphis Tuesday evening, to give Eman a break from traveling.  On Weds the 23rd at 10:00 AM, Eman will officially be in Birmingham.

What a ride this has been!  We have been touched by the prayers, support, and sacrificial giving. Early on, we realized this is much bigger than our family.  This is a task only God could do!  I also love how he did it, in such a way, only he can get the glory. Our task was not to stand in his way!  Amazingly, the blog has had over 10,000 hits from 40 + counties.    

We are so excited but realize in many ways this is just the beginning.  Our lives will never be the same. Please prayer for Emmanuel.  We all agree adoption is phenomenal.  However, our little boy is about to have his world turned upside down, and this will be traumatic for him. As you know, we will be very protective of him through the bonding process. I promise you will have an opportunity to meet him, but please be patient with us.

The first pictures of Eman will come from Kathy.  I am not sure whether she will use Instagram or Facebook. I will update the blog along the way. We have about 20 videos ready to go on YouTube, which is currently private.  Yeah, we are just a little excited.

To those who are still searching...

To my brothers and sisters in Christ:
We know he is coming...we know we will be judged on how we live....are we thinking, acting and living expectantly? The urgency of Jesus' words throughout scripture should breathe fuel into us and compel us to live differently and with passion.

I am constantly reminded of my weak sinful nature, but if I constantly look back, in shame, I won't have the tenacity to look forward to be the man God created me to me.  Scripture is not about complacency.

We love you!
Rob, Kathy, Jessica, Shannon, and E’man.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adoption T-Shirts are now available

Expecting

Please continue to pray for our partners in Nepal!