10/25 Update

Adoption update:  We are still awaiting word from the Social Worker on Emmanuel.  We still hope to travel soon to meet our Son.   We have been reminded  throughout this journey. He alone is sovereign and he alone is control of all things.  This may sound strange, but knowing and trusting in this fact is providinng peace as we wait for news.    

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. As you can see from the map on the right,  people from around the world checking out the blog.  I am humbled to be walking this path beside you. I have been confronted about the reality of who I am and who I would like to be.  I have a long way to go, but I am so thankful for a forgiving God. 

Can I ask question?  Do we really feel the weight of scripture?  Are Jesus's commands optional? 

Are we sheep or goats?

Matthew 25
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’
44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”


Will we really be able to say we didn't know or see the hungrry, thirsty, hurting, orphans and widows? Technology is amazing, but it has also brought the world to us.






For those who were interested in Katie Davis (Kisses from Katie).  This link will take you to Pastor David Platt's message and interview with Katie.  Truly an awesome night of worship. 

Comments

Emily Rodgers said…
I wholeheartedly agree with you Rob! There is no excuse for not knowing who is hungry, thirsty and in need. We have more access to our suffering brothers and sisters around the world than any other time in human history.

Popular posts from this blog

Adoption T-Shirts are now available

Expecting

Yesterday