Could Emmanuel be our Christmas gift?

Sorry for the delay but things have been moving quickly recently in regard to our adoption.  The process is complicated and the paperwork appears too endless but the excitement grows with each passing day.  The good news is there is a strong possibility we may travel in July to spend time with our son.  The bad news is we may not be able to bring him home for another five to six months after our initial meeting.  Of course, this brings up a ton of questions, and we can't help but wonder if he will even remember us. How will he feel when we turn and walk away?  This is where I am so thankful to know our sovereign God is in complete control, and we must learn to trust him in all things. So now, we are praying to have Emmanuel home before Christmas.  Below is a picture of little man's room we completed Sunday.   
   

I have really been thinking a lot about radical obedience recently and trying to figure out what that looks like in my life.  When I think of obedience I tend to think of that group of disciples made up mostly teenagers, which were radically changed by two simple words "follow me". Think about it, Jesus expected the men he was with not to over think or debate but simply obey him.  They were not required to be smart, but they had to be loyal. Once they agreed to follow...they were expected to do as Jesus did.

I don't know if I would say it's the biggest surprise...but it's been interesting to watch people faces as you tell them your adopting.  The majority of people are generally very excited for us, but on occasion you get the look which places a pit in your stomach.  The conversation goes something like this....that's great your adopting, where are you adopting from? We are adopting from West Africa.  Hmm...that's nice. The conversation quickly needs. You can see it in their eyes and all over their faces...he's black! We will also here that's great. We could never do something like that?  Believe me...I have way too much sin in my life to judge someone else. BUT. I wonder sometimes are people really reading and studying the words written in red.  Where did come up the notion we can pick and choose which verses we believe and which verses we can choose to follow or not?  I guess the core question comes back to one's view of the bible.  Do you believe it be true?  All of it? 

Thank you friends for allowing me to work out my faith along side you.  


Maybe this video will explain what I am going through.
  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adoption T-Shirts are now available

Expecting

Happy Birthday Emmanuel - A father's letter