Opening to second message

Below is the opening of the 2nd message around a three part series concerning Luke 15. Sometimes, it's just good to write down what you believe in.

Let me ask you a question: When was the last time you were awed by God? No, I am not talking about a good emotional feeling .I am talking about an arm hair raising, fall on your knees type of awe. My prayer tonight is that you awed by simplicity and power of God’s written word. Thousands upon thousands books have been written about how to live a Christian life and the answer has been right here along right before our eyes. The problem is few are willing to put forth the effort to truly find the answer.

As we dive into night, I want to give you a few reminders. Our starting point tonight is God’s spoken word. I believe every word to be true and purposeful and without fault. I believe the Bible to one complete redemptive story from beginning to end, one piece of rope with 66 knots leading us home, I believe in the trinity of God, thou I can’t explain all details I believe God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one working together to bring Glory and Honor to his name and I believe each of us has a unique role to play. Our task is to not try to figure out our role but live in such a way our lives and the lives of those around us depends on our willingness to simply surrender to him and trust and follow him on the most incredible journey. A journey only he can create and design for us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adoption T-Shirts are now available

Expecting

Happy Birthday Emmanuel - A father's letter